Lake St Clair Road
Lake St Clair, TAS, 7140
Lake St Clair Lodge is at the southern end of Cradle Mountain – Lake St Clair National Park. It is 2 1/2 hours west of Hobart via the Lyell Highway (A10) and a similar distance from Launceston via Longford and Poatina. At Derwent Bridge turn right onto the 5 1/2km long access road to the lake at Cynthia Bay. From Queenstown the Lyell Highway is a winding and narrow 1 1/2 hour drive.
Both the Lyell Highway and the access road from Derwent Bridge may occasionally be closed by snow in winter.
There is no direct road link through the Cradle Mountain- Lake St Clair National Park to join the two ends of the park. Visitors may most easily reach Cradle Mountain via the Cradle Link Road (C132) and the Muchison and Lyell Highways (A10).
Please take care when driving at night as you are sharing the road with our wildlife.
Our Reception & Restaurant is open from:
- 8:00am to 8:00pm in summer; and
- 8:30am to 8:00pm in winter.
- 8:30am to 8:00pm all year
- 5:30pm to 10:00pm in summer; and
- 5:30pm to 8:00pm in winter.
- Restaurant Closed [22 May to 11 June 2017]
- Master Card, Visa and UnionPay credit cards accepted
- EFTPOS facility available (no cash out available)
- Car parking
- Public phones
- Lodge Store – catering for our campers: stock basic food provisions and toiletries